Everybody’s budget is tight.
It doesn’t matter if we’re transforming the piano room of a high-end mansion or tweaking the layout in a downtown loft – every one of our clients wants to keep the costs as low as possible.
So over the past 20+ years in architecture and project management, we’ve learned a few tricks along the way to make sure every project comes in on time and under budget.
Here’s some of our best:
– Hire a professional. Obviously, we’re biased. But it’s true that bringing in someone with experience, connections and access to professional discounts will save you in many ways. Especially an independent local company that’s committed to your needs, not stockholders’ bottom lines. Think time, money, costly repairs, and headaches.
– Do it yourself. Not the whole project, of course. Still, most homeowners can contribute to design accents from the perfect-sized furniture to the just-right curtains, or come up with shelving and painting projects that help the renovation work shine.
– Research. Before bringing us in, search online and in magazines for ideas on what will make your home as comfortable and beautiful as you dream. That helps narrow things down so we can spend less time designing and more time making it happen.
– Work with existing structural features. Interior brick walls, ceiling beams, and even exposed pipework can add to the beauty of a space. Plumbing, windows, and HVAC systems are expensive to move or relocate, so consider all your options before deciding to shift the sink three feet to the right.
– Fund it wisely. Avoid personal loans and save the home equity line of credit or second mortgage for the major projects.
When you’ve got a project you’re thinking of taking on, give us a call at 937-567-0606 to talk through the best way to make it happen for the least expense on your part.